HEALTH & SAFETY
Keeping your child safe
The safety of your child is our primary goal. The following is an outline of the Campus Club accountability system:
- All students are checked in upon arrival. A state mandated roster must be signed by an authorized adult and the same roster must be signed when the student leaves the Campus Club Program.
- All absences must be verified by the school attendance office or an authorized adult. If your child will not be attending Campus Club for any reason, please call the Campus Club portable to report the absence. Failure to do so may result in a $25.00 missing child search fee. A child attending any after school program must have a verified absence by an authorized adult. If the absence cannot be verified, it may result in a report to the local authorities as a “missing child”.
- Students will only be released to authorized adults listed on the application.
- Please have identification ready upon pick-up of your student. Your child will not be released to any adult not included on the Campus Club application. It must be in writing and authorized by the enrolling parent.
- Students are only authorized to sign in or out if a Release of Liability form is completed by the enrolling parent. This form is also used if any older sibling (under 18) is picking up the Campus Club student.
- Please make sure that your Campus Club school site always has your correct address and telephone numbers. You may update your information at any time at the Child Development office.
- Campus Club staff monitors students at all times, including transitions from one facility to another.
- Campus Club staff maintains twenty minute headcounts of the students in program.
- General emergency procedures have been developed for Child Development Programs and school-site Principals have reviewed and approved the plan.
- If no one is available to open your site at 7:00 am, locate the school custodian and he will call the program supervisor to remedy the situation.
According to State Regulations, ill children cannot be accepted into Child Development Programs. Should a child have a health concern, he/she will be secluded and the parents will be immediately notified to promptly pick up the child (not to exceed 30 minutes). Please notify us at once if your child has a communicable disease. The following guidelines will be used to determine if your child will be excluded from program due to illness.
- A fever of one hundred degrees, or has had one in the past 24 hours.
- A constant cough, wheezing, nasal discharge, sneezing, vomiting or diarrhea.
- Symptoms of a communicable condition.
A student is not allowed to carry medication with him/her on the school grounds. Campus Club personnel are not permitted to administer medication to children. All medication must be dispensed by the school office prior to coming to Campus Club. Students who need inhalers need to follow the protocol set up by CUSD. During full-day programs only trained personnel are allowed to administer medicine.
The staff makes every effort to insure the safety of your child. Unfortunately, minor accidents may occur. If your child is injured, first-aid procedures will be followed. In the case of serious accidental injury, we will make every attempt to contact you and 911 will be called when appropriate.