Clovis Unified’s highest employee award.
Recipients are exceptional employees who illustrate Clovis Unified’s very best in striving to meet the district’s Aims and Core Values. They make student-centered decisions, educate the whole child, show commitment, exhibit innovative thinking, build partnerships among stakeholders and strive for continuous improvement.
In short, these are people who go far above and beyond what is required in their job description. These are people who care deeply and make a measurable difference in the lives of students, a department or a school community.
2017 Crystal Awards Nomination Packet
Thank you for your interest in nominating a Clovis Unified School District employee for a Crystal Award for work performed in the 2016-17 school year. This is the district’s highest employee recognition!
The nomination window is open Sept. 1 through Oct. 16, 2017 by 5 p.m.
To put forth a nomination, please do the following:
- Read 2017 CA Quick Facts: Explains the award and eligibility criteria.
- Read 2017 CA Hints for Nominator: Provides guidelines and suggestions from past judges on what makes a good nomination application.
- Review 2016-19 CUSD Strategic Plan: Details Clovis Unified’s aims and core values as established by the Governing Board. The nominee’s work is assessed based on these.
- Review 2017 CA Judging Rubric: Details criteria and requirements for the judges’ scores.
- Download and complete the 2017 CA Nomination Form.
- Submit completed Nomination Form by 5 p.m. Monday, Oct. 16, 2017. Late submissions will not be accepted.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
All current part-time and full-time Clovis Unified classified and certificated employees who have:
- Worked in CUSD a minimum of five school years as of June 30, 2017
- Worked in his/her current job at least two years as of June 30, 2017
- Not received any reprimands from July 1, 2016, to June 30, 2017
Everyone employed by Clovis Unified may nominate another employee of the district. Employees may nominate as many colleagues as they choose; only one person may be nominated per application form. A community member or retiree may also nominate an employee, however, that person will need to have the nominee’s supervisor review and sign the application.
A judging panel comprised of CUSD employees follow a strict criteria in rating nominees. Judges are provided a rubric containing criteria and identifying information on how to score the three sections (represented on the application as Parts II, III and IV). If you are nominating a co-worker, please consider reviewing this Judging Rubric, which is available online, as it will help you prepare the best representation of your Crystal Award candidate.
September 1 through Monday, October 16, 2017 by 5 p.m. Completed forms – including all documentation and signatures – can be delivered electronically or in person to the CUSD Communications Office (DO West).
Wednesday, Feb. 28, 2018, at the CUSD Performing Arts Center.
Are you considering nominating someone for a Crystal Award? Below, you will find a brief explanation of the four parts that make up the Crystal Award nomination form. Please review this as it will be helpful in planning for the time and research needed to complete the application.
Additionally, nominators are highly encouraged to review the conveniently linked in the top right section of this webpage: “2017 CA Hints for Nominator,” “2017 CA Judging Rubric” and “2016-2019 CUSD Strategic Plan”
Part I: GENERAL
Information about the nominee (name, job description, years at CUSD, contacts).
Part II: CORE VALUES
A full listing of CUSD’s identified Core Values is provided. The nominator will select ONE Core Value that has been consistently demonstrated by the nominee and illustrate through examples and results these efforts in an essay of up to 300 words.
Part III: AIMS
Clovis Unified’s vision statement is “To be America’s benchmark for excellence in education,” and the Governing Board and administration have established three Aims to help accomplish just that. These are:
- Maximize achievement for ALL students.
- Operate with increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Hire, develop, sustain and value a high-quality, diverse work force.
The nominator will select one Aim that the nominee has advanced forward through his/her exceptional efforts. Using a maximum of 1,000 words, the nominator will provide specific examples, detail of how this was more than what was expected, and convey measurable results of the nominee’s work.
Part IV: LETTERS
Gather three letters of support for the nominee from peers, supervisor, community members or students.
2017 Crystal Awards
View 2017 Honorees (coming March 2018)
The 2017 nomination window is open Sept. 1 through Oct. 16 at 5 p.m.