How to Become a Substitute Teacher
You must hold a 30 Day Sub Permit or a regular California Credential to work as a substitute teacher. If you need to apply for a 30 Day Sub Permit, please contact the Fresno County Office of Education at 559-497-3702 to schedule an appointment. To qualify for a permit you must possess a completed Bachelor’s Degree and have passed the CBEST.
- Applications for Substitute Teachers are accepted on a continuous basis and can be submitted into the current Substitute Eligibility Pool found on Edjoin.
- Interviews and Orientations are held once a month.
- Applicants must have all required documents attached to their application in order to be selected for an interview.
- Applicants are notified via email if they are selected for an interview.
The following documents must be attached to your Substitute Teacher application:
- 30 Day Sub Permit or California Credential
- CBEST Scores (passing results)
- Transcripts with posted degree (unofficial are ok)
- Current Resume
- Letter of Recommendation from the Professional/Educational field. (Must be dated within 18 months of application date)
- All new employees must clear fingerprint procedures.
- Clovis Unified cannot accept fingerprint clearance for employment purposes from other agencies, school districts, county offices, or the Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- The fee for fingerprinting is $49.00.
Substitute Teacher Pay
- Substitute Teachers are paid $125 per day.
- Long-Term Substitute positions are paid at $140 per day, starting on the eleventh (11th) consecutive day in the same assignment.
For additional information or questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org