We are excited to announce that our work to provide no-cost COVID-19 vaccination avenues to employees has resulted in multiple options beginning the first week of March 2021. This includes all classified and certificated employees and substitutes of Clovis Unified.
- We have partnered with Sierra Pacific Orthopedic Center (SPOC), Dr. Baz Allergy Institute, United Health Centers and Valley Health Team to provide access to Clovis Unified-facilitated vaccination appointments. Appointments began the first week of March and continue through March. Everyone with a Clovis Unified employee badge is also able to receive no cost vaccination at any provider in Fresno County beginning March 1.
- The CUSD MiCare clinic is offering the Moderna COVID vaccination to our covered employees and their dependents who are over 18 years old. A limited number of appointments are available for the first dose from March 29 - April 23.
- County-Wide: Educators are eligible to be vaccinated at any provider in Fresno County. Some of those healthcare providers include Walgreens, CVS, Savemarts, and the team working at the Fresno Fairgrounds. Click here for information about Fresno County’s vaccination efforts.
- Learn more about the vaccines available for COVID-19 here.
- Vaccinations will be administered by trained medical professionals and require two injections at two separate appointments spread apart by 3 or 4 weeks, depending on the vaccine. The vaccine has shown to have 94-95% efficacy against contracting COVID-19.