One of our core values is to provide safe, student-centered, world-class schools and facilities – and that won’t change. In addition to extensive maintenance and cleaning practices already in place, Clovis Unified has implemented health and safety actions at our campuses that were developed with the guidance of local public health officials and the Centers for Disease Control.
- Schools are cleaned three times a day using a disinfectant approved by the EPA that kills COVID.
- High-use surfaces are cleaned regularly by custodians, and classrooms and offices are fogged with a deep disinfectant treatment each evening.
- Teachers are provided hand sanitizer and disinfectant for their classrooms.
- Anyone entering a classroom is required to sanitize his or her hands.
- Bathrooms are disinfected multiple times a day, and soap and paper towels are replenished regularly. All students are expected to wash their hands after using the restroom.
COVID RESPONSE TEAM
The district has a special, on-call team trained on disinfecting practices as dictated by CDC should a student/staff member get sick in a classroom or test positive for COVID.