Clovis Unified School District offers comprehensive support for students learning English as a second language from PreK through high school. The program’s philosophy is driven by the district’s first aim: To Maximize Achievement for ALL Students! Our goals for English Learners and the program includes:
- Achieving proficiency in Speaking, Reading, and Writing in the English language;
- Providing consistent access to English Language Development;
- Assessments that address all of modes of language;
- Access to challenging core instruction and learning;
- Providing meaningful activities that are meaningful and that express appreciation for various cultures and languages.
California Department of Education
California ELD Standards: The current list of California ELD Standards
ELA/ELD Framework: The latest edition of the ELA Framework with embedded ELD Standards
CUSD ELD System and Requirements
Reclassification Information: Information about our district reclassification process and requirements
Additional Teacher Resources
ELD Methods: 14 videos modeling ELD methods. Includes teacher training and student interactions.
ELD Strategies: Some effective strategies to use during ELD instruction
ELD Materials & Resources: Materials to help teachers of EL students
ELD Research and Professional Reading: The latest and greatest information for teachers and administrators