All Clovis Unified schools are operating for in-person and online instruction with multiple health and safety measures in place to prevent the spread of illness. One element of our expansive School Reopening Plan and COVID 19 Prevention Plan includes thorough contact tracing in the event of a confirmed positive case reported to our schools.
The Clovis Unified COVID-19 dashboard provides the community with a real-time reporting tool that reflects confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 reported to a school or support department of the District by a student or staff over a three-month period. Included in this dashboard are confirmed positive cases reported by students onsite for in-person instruction, intervention, or co-curricular programs; and staff members working onsite in any facility of the District, even if a case was contracted elsewhere.
This dashboard will provide up-to-date information on positive COVID reporting at all District locations. The Clovis Unified COVID Dashboard is updated at the time a positive case report has been reviewed by the COVID Prevention Plan Officer and is reported to the Fresno County Department of Public Health.
A “positive case” is defined as an individual who has been onsite and who has reported a positive COVID-19 test result to the district, and is reported in the dashboard based on the month in which the positive test was taken by an individual (not the month in which the report was made to the District).
A determination about the temporary closure of a building or classroom due to the presence of positive COVID-19 cases is determined by the Fresno County Department of Public Health working with the CUSD Contact Tracing team. A determination to temporarily relocate a class, building or site online due to staffing availability is made by school or department leadership in collaboration with the appropriate Assistant Superintendent.
The following process occurs in the case of a positive COVID test of a Clovis Unified employee or student:
- The student or employee with a positive COVID test reports to their school site or immediate supervisor a positive COVID test result.
- Appropriate Contact Tracing is immediately initiated by Clovis Unified’s trained Contact Tracing team.
- Disinfection of any identified locations related to the positive COVID test is completed by the district sanitation-disinfection team.
- Director or Principal sends two communications:
- To the staff/student’s guardian who tested positive with information about available resources and processes for returning after appropriate isolation.
- To students or staff members who may have had close contact exposure as determined by contact tracing.