Please watch this important video message from Superintendent Eimear O’Farrell, Ed.D.
We missed your kids today! We know that families have many questions about what the days ahead will hold. Every day there is new information and orders out of our Governor’s Office that impact the details of how we will continue to educate our students. As a result, our plans to provide educational resources and instruction will continue but may have to change over time. Even so, our priority will remain supporting our students and their families.
Monday, March 16, 2020 Update for Parents:
- Meals will be available to anyone in the community ages 1 to 18 years old starting tomorrow, Tuesday, March 17. Between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. grab and go meals will be provided at all high schools, Clark and Kastner intermediate schools, and Clovis, Fancher Creek, Miramonte, Pinedale, Sierra Vista, Tarpey, Temperance-Kutner, and Weldon elementary schools. This will include a lunch and breakfast for the next morning.
- As of Wednesday, March 18, in addition to the 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. meal service for anyone in our community ages 1 – 18 at the sites listed below, we will begin to deliver meals into some neighborhoods in the district using school buses. On-site meals will be served at Clovis Elementary, Cole, Fancher Creek, Jefferson, Mickey Cox, Miramonte, Mountain View, Nelson, Pinedale, Sierra Vista, Tarpey, Temperance-Kutner, Valley Oak and Weldon, Clark and Kastner intermediate schools, and Clovis West, Clovis East, Clovis North and Buchanan high schools. Bus stop morning meal drop off locations and times will be included in the Tuesday parent update. Anyone with questions about meal service can call 559-327-9130.
- Students who have prescription medication held on a Clovis Unified campus will be able to pick up medications as of Tuesday, between the hours of 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Students who left laptops or other belongings at school will also be provided an opportunity to get them from school starting on Tuesday between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. Our school offices will be open and anyone entering a campus should check in at the front office for assistance.
- Our school and business offices will be open (and observe social distancing guidelines) for phone calls to help answer any specific questions between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- What a difference a week makes. Home to school communication that may have been put into the mail last week could still be arriving in your homes. We ask for your understanding that some of these pieces, like the most recent issue of CUSD Today, may have information that has changed. Remember that all on-site activities have been cancelled or postponed through April 13.
- Keep watching our websites, social media pages, and your email inbox for on-going updates.
- Our police officers will continue to patrol our campuses and surrounding streets to assist with community safety.
- Learning will continue during this temporary suspension of onsite classes. This will take the form of online learning and/or study packets and individual contact from teachers to their students. Our entire educational team will continue to be a resource for parents and check in periodically.
- Kindergarten, seventh grade and high school registration for next school year will continue. Counselors will be reaching out to students in the coming days so please hold off on calling your school office as we will be calling you.
- We will also be providing parents with sample “schedules” for students to help you in accommodating the instructional time needed to ensure your child’s continuity of education. Later this week our website will become a hub of resources to support these distance learning options. More details will be provided in tomorrow’s update.
Thank you for the comments and questions submitted to us through cusd.com, which we continue to use to help us provide the information you were looking for in today’s message. Superintendent Eimear O’Farrell will also continue to provide our students with updates and we ask that you encourage them to check their CUSD student email accounts on a regular basis.
Your Clovis Unified Team