NEW UPDATES TO COVID PROTOCOLS
Effective Jan. 3, 2022, Clovis Unified’s isolation and quarantine requirements have been updated to reflect California’s recent changes. The updates reflect positive steps forward to reduce the amount of time COVID/Close Contact students are away from school.
In a nutshell:
- Someone who tests positive for COVID-19 may now return to school or work after isolating at home for 5 days (instead of 10) so long as he/she:
- tests negative on or after Day 5 (medically verified test required),
- has symptoms that are resolved or resolving, and has been without a fever for at least 24 hours (without medication)
- continues to wear a mask through Day 10.
- Close contacts who are symptom-free can continue to come to school so long as they remain symptom free and/or do not test positive for COVID-19.
- Siblings and other household contacts of a positive COVID-19 individual who are not vaccinated must quarantine at home for 5 days (instead of 10) AND have a medically verified negative test before returning to school.
- Face coverings must continue to be worn indoors by students, and all visitors and staff must wear mask indoors regardless of vaccination status through at least Jan. 15.
Thank you for helping us keep our schools open for safe and healthy in-person learning!