California law allows a parent or legal guardian working a minimum of 10 hours per week within the boundaries of Clovis Unified to enroll their child in CUSD.  To enroll a child in Clovis Unified under the Employment Based Residence Law (CA Ed Coe 48204) present a complete an Annual Employment Verification Form (Board Policy 2202, Exhibit 6) with a current paycheck stub or business license to the District’s SSSA office.  Only Sierra Unified School District residents must start the process at their home district, all other residents do not need to contact their current district.

For applications submitted before May 1 for the following school year, families will generally receive notice of the enrollment choices available before July 1.  For enrollment requests during the current school year generally, within a week, the District will process your application for enrollment.

Once enrollment is authorized, in addition to your approval letter from the Student Services Office, you will need the following documents to enroll at your new school:

  1. Child’s Birth Certificate
  2. Child’s Immunization Records
  3. We will accept the following documents  to establish a home mailing address:
    • Recent  PG & E Bill
    • Recent Water, Sewage & Garbage Bill
    • Current Rental/Lease Agreement
    • Escrow  Papers that indicate that the closing date is within 45 days
    • Recent Property Tax Payment receipt
    • Recent Pay Check Stub
    • Voter Registration Card
    • A certified copy of the Voter Registration Application Form



Please note: Residents of Sierra Unified School District are not eligible to participate in Employment Based Residence Enrollment at this time as their number of transfers has exceeded state regulations. However, students may pursue a traditional Interdistrict transfer.