Distance Learning will continue through June 5 in Clovis Unified and Superintendent Eimear O’Farrell, Ed.D. shares more information about school now and next fall in her video update today. Watch her video to families and to students here:
The Governing Board voted last night to accept the recommendation of Superintendent Eimear O’Farrell that distance learning in Clovis Unified continue through the end of the current school year, June 5, 2020. The recommendation was made in light of California’s continued Stay at Home order. Clovis Unified school teams will work directly with students and families to coordinate end of the year business such as returning textbooks, uniforms, library books or other school-owned items, picking up work or belongings left at school, and turning in final or make up school work.
A team is already at work on details of safety, scheduling and operational work needed to return to campuses August 17 to start the school year. Details of what the school day will look like will be shared with families no later than July 16, a full month before the start of the school year.
Guidance from the Centers for Disease Control, State Department of Education and the Fresno County Public Health Department will be used in these plans, which will prioritize the safety of students and employees, and the critical need for Pre-K to Grade 12 students to receive high quality instruction.
Other Important Updates for Families:
- To allow for graduate diploma presentations taking place in Veterans Memorial Stadium over the next three weeks, Buchanan High’s weekly meal distribution will move to Woods Elementary for the final two weeks of the school year.
- Clovis Unified will offer summer meals, and the schedule for meal delivery will be finalized and posted to the Clovis Unified website before the end of the school year.
- To help families prepare we will provide updates on programs and activities in the coming weeks.
- June 1 will be our date for announcing any cancellation of late June activities, such as camps and recreational programs.
- June 15 will be the date by which we will make decisions about July activities,
- We’ll make a decision about our postponed graduation ceremonies planned for July 27 and 28 by no later than July 1, and
- July 16 will be the date by which we will release our Return to Campus Plan with details of day-to-day school schedules and operations.