Applying for a Position
Thank you for your interest in a position with the Clovis Unified School District. We are committed to the selection of highly qualified staff members. By completing an on-line application you can assist us in expediting the hiring process. You may view job postings and complete an application on-line by choosing the desired link below. Click on a specific job posting or eligibility pool to complete the attached application.
Once you complete an application online through Ed-Join, you will have automatically created a profile for future use. Only online applications will be accepted.
Fingerprinting & Pre-employment Tests
In accordance with California law, all applicants (classified and certificated) must have their fingerprints cleared before they are allowed to start a position. Fingerprints cannot be transferred from any other agency. Applicants will incur the charges for fingerprinting. Operations positions require fingerprinting, a physical exam and a drug test prior to employment. Applicants will incur these charges.
To be considered for a certificated position an applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree from a fully accredited college or university
- A valid California teacher credential for the level and subject areas you are to teach
- Proof of eligibility for certification (a letter of eligibility, out-of-state credential, etc.)
- CBEST (if applicable)
If you meet these qualifications, please complete the application and return it to us as soon as possible. A complete application for professional employment includes all the following:
- A CUSD application, (must be submitted electronically through website)
- An up-to-date copy of your college transcripts, including graduate and undergraduate credits. (If you have a student copy of your transcript, this will be satisfactory for your initial application.)
- A placement file from the college with which you received your credential, or three (3) letters of recommendation.
- A copy of your teaching credential or a letter from your college/university verifying your eligibility for certification (if a new graduate)
- Verification of CBEST, if applicable
- Statement of Educational Philosophy
- Plan to Complete Credential Requirements
Instructional Assistant I and Instructional Assistant II, Special Education and Bilingual must comply with the Federal No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB). NCLB imposes numerous requirements on state and local education agencies. One of these requirements is that all paraprofessionals working in Title I schools must be “highly qualified.” In order to be “highly qualified,” a paraprofessional must meet one of the following requirements:
1. Completion of at least two years of college education (48 semester units). or
2. Possession of an associate’s degree or higher. or
3. Successful completion of the Paraprofessional Exam.
Please include documentation (transcripts, test passage) with your application.
The Paraprofessional Exam may be taken at the Clovis Adult School.
Please register by visiting the Clovis Adult School website (click here).
Applications for Operations positions are accepted on an ongoing basis for substitutes in custodial, food services and school bus driver positions. Your application will be kept active for 6 months. If you are applying for a substitute school bus driver position and are fully licensed, please enclose the following with your employment application: a current photocopy of your valid California driver’s license, your motor vehicle report, your medical card and your special driving certificate.