The Department of Student Services and School Attendance (SSSA) is responsible for providing an interdisciplinary approach to resolving identified student problems related to school attendance, student behavior or unsatisfactory academic achievement. SSSA works closely with law enforcement agencies, the courts, Juvenile Probation, the Department of Social Services, Department of Health, California Youth Authority and numerous public and private agencies providing services to and for children. SSSA staff work directly with parents, pupils and community members to provide a safe school environment conducive to learning.
Located just south of Herndon Ave. off of Sunnyside Ave. in Clovis
1465 David E. Cook Way, Clovis
Employment Based Residence Enrollment
California law allows anyone working within the boundaries of Clovis Unified to enroll in CUSD. To enroll a child in Clovis Unified under the Employment Based Residence Law (CA Ed Code 48204) present a current paycheck stub or business license to the District’s SSSA office and fill out an Employment Based Residency Request Form (Exhibit No. 6). It is not necessary to first contact your current school district.
- For applications submitted before May 1 for the following school year, families will generally receive notice of the enrollment choices available before July 1. For enrollment requests during the current school year generally, within a week, the District will process your application for enrollment.
- Once enrollment is authorized, in addition to your approval letter from the Student Services Office, you will need the following documents to enroll at your new school:
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Child’s Immunization Records (view Immunization page)
- We will accept the following documents to establish a home mailing address:
- Recent PG & E Bill
- Recent Water, Sewage & Garbage Bill
- Current Rental/Lease Agreement
- Escrow Papers that indicate that the closing date is within 45 days
- Recent Property Tax Payment receipt
- Recent Pay Check Stub
- Voter Registration Card
- A certified copy of the Voter Registration Application Form
Please note: Residents of Sierra Unified School District are not eligible to participate in Employment Based Residence Enrollment at this time as their number of transfers has exceeded state regulations. However, students may pursue a traditional Interdistrict transfer.