1. General Care
• Do not attempt to repair the Laptop; CUSD has trained technicians for this purpose.
• Student may be issued a “loaner” laptop for use during any repair of the Laptop. Loaner laptops may not have all capabilities.
• If the Laptop needs repair, please contact your school site.
• If technical issues arise regarding the Laptop, please notify your school site as soon as possible.
2. Laptop Care and Maintenance
• Use the power adapter and battery provided with the Laptop. No other adapter or battery should be used.
• Laptops must be cooled. Be sure to keep air vents unblocked when the Laptop is turned on.
• Do not place heavy objects on top of the Laptop whether it is inside or outside of the bag.
• Keep food, liquids, or other substances that could result in damage away from the Laptop.
• To prevent damage, the Laptop needs to be either shut down or put in sleep mode when not in use.
• Never leave the Laptop unattended including on the floor where it could be stepped on.
• Laptops are fragile, please keep heavy objects off the Laptop.
• Do not place the Laptop on surfaces such as paper, cardboard, or carpet while it is turned on.
• Close the lid on the Laptop while carrying it. The Laptop should never be held or carried by the screen.
• Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (pens, pencils, paper, etc.) and take care not to touch the screen with anything (fingers, pens, pencils, etc.).
• Keep the Laptop away from electromagnetic fields such as microwave ovens.
• Exposure to direct sunlight or prolonged extreme temperatures can cause severe damage to the Laptop. Don't leave the Laptop in a car during extreme hot or cold temperatures for extended time (more than an hour).
• Never attempt to repair, reconfigure, or download a program to the Laptop or any of the peripherals.
• Take care when inserting cords, cables, and other removable storage devices to avoid damage to the laptop ports.
• Cleaning Instructions: Use only ammonia free products and turn the Laptop off while cleaning and allow time to air dry.
3. Other and General Use
• Student must log in under his/her assigned username/password and not share this information.
• All files stored by Student on the Laptop are subject for review by CUSD.
• All activities on the Laptop are subject for review by CUSD.
• The Laptop is assigned to the Student listed on the Computer Laptop Loan Agreement