One of our core values is to provide safe, student-centered, world-class schools and facilities – and that won’t change. In addition to extensive maintenance and cleaning practices already in place, Clovis Unified is implementing health and safety actions at our campuses that were developed with the guidance of local public health officials and the Centers for Disease Control.
Schools will be cleaned four times a day using a disinfectant approved by the EPA that kills COVID.
- High-use surfaces will be cleaned regularly by custodians, and classrooms and offices will be fogged with a deep disinfectant treatment each evening.
- Teachers will be provided hand sanitizer and disinfectant for their classrooms.
- Anyone entering a classroom will be required to sanitize his or her hands.
- Desks and any shared classroom surfaces that students use will be disinfected by the teacher as needed.
- Bathrooms will be disinfected multiple times a day, and soap and paper towels will be replenished regularly. All students are expected to wash their hands after using the restroom.
COVID RESPONSE TEAM
The district has a special, on-call team trained on disinfecting practices as dictated by CDC should a
student/staff member get sick in a classroom or test positive for COVID.