How to Become a Substitute Teacher
Must hold a 30-Day Sub Permit or a regular California Credential to work as a substitute teacher. To qualify for a 30-Day Sub Permit, you must possess a completed bachelor’s degree and have passed the CBEST.
To apply for a 30-Day Sub Permit, please email [email protected] for step-by-step directions. Additional Information on Basic Skills Requirement: Click Here
- Applications for Substitute Teachers are accepted through Edjoin.com, during an open Substitute Teacher Eligibility Pool. The Eligibility Pool opens in July and will remain open until filled. Closing dates are subject to change.
The following documents must be attached to your Substitute Teacher application:
- 30 Day Sub Permit or California Credential
- CBEST Scores (passing results) Alternate options for CBEST Basic Skills Requirement - CL667.pdf
- Transcripts with posted degree (unofficial are ok)
- Current Resume
- Letter of Recommendation from the Professional/Educational field. (Must be dated within 18 months of application date)
- All new employees must clear fingerprint procedures prior to working. Livescan information will be provided by the District.
- Clovis Unified cannot accept fingerprint clearance for employment purposes from other agencies, school districts, county offices, or the Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- The fee for fingerprinting is $55.00
Substitute Teacher Pay
- Substitute Teachers are paid $155 per day (2021-22 School Year)
- Long-Term Substitute positions are paid at $165 per day, starting on the eleventh (11th) consecutive day in the same assignment (2021-22 School Year)
For additional information or questions please email [email protected]