How to Become a Substitute Teacher
You must hold a 30 Day Sub Permit or a regular California Credential to work as a substitute teacher. If you need to apply for a 30 Day Sub Permit, please contact the Fresno County Office of Education at 559-265-3005 to schedule an appointment. To qualify for a permit you must possess a completed Bachelor’s Degree and have passed the CBEST.
- Applications for Substitute Teachers are accepted through Edjoin, during an open Substitute Teacher Eligibility Pool. The Eligibility Pool opens in August and will remain open until filled. Closing dates are subject to change.
- Interviews and Orientations are held once a month.
- Applicants must have all required documents attached to their application in order to be selected for an interview.
- Applicants are notified via email if they are selected for an interview.
The following documents must be attached to your Substitute Teacher application:
- 30 Day Sub Permit or California Credential
- CBEST Scores (passing results)
- Transcripts with posted degree (unofficial are ok)
- Current Resume
- Letter of Recommendation from the Professional/Educational field. (Must be dated within 18 months of application date)
- All new employees must clear fingerprint procedures prior to working. Livescan information will be provided at the New Hire Orientation.
- Clovis Unified cannot accept fingerprint clearance for employment purposes from other agencies, school districts, county offices, or the Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- The fee for fingerprinting is $49.00.
Substitute Teacher Pay
- Substitute Teachers are paid $125 per day.
- Long-Term Substitute positions are paid at $140 per day, starting on the eleventh (11th) consecutive day in the same assignment.
For additional information or questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org