What will Clovis Unified mean to our students, employees, community and the world? Our vision statement tells our community how we want Clovis Unified to be known to those who come in contact with our schools, employees or students.
Clovis Unified School District strives to be America’s benchmark for excellence in education.
Our mission puts action to our vision. Our efforts should be focused on the creation of a quality educational system that meets the academic, physical and social needs of our students and inspires them on to greater success.
To be a quality educational system providing the resources for ALL students to reach their potential in mind, body and spirit.
In Clovis Unified, we hold ourselves accountable to a set of core values that we consider non-negotiables. These values are expressed in the following key phrases and words, many of which came from our founding Superintendent Floyd "Doc" Buchanan.
FOR OUR STUDENTS
- Educate the whole child in mind, body and spirit.
- Base all decisions on what is best for students' academic, social and emotional well-being.
- Commit to a safe and inclusive learning environment for ALL students.
- Believe every child can learn and we can teach ALL children.
- Students are at the center of every decision.
FOR OUR EMPLOYEES
- Foster a climate of trust and respect through relationships and communication.
- Collaborate and empower all employees in the decision-making process at every level of the District.
- Be accountable to high standards, both individually and collectively.
- Surround students with the very best role models and mentors who are reflective of our student community.
- Support life-long learning by providing ongoing professional development for all employees.
FOR OUR COMMUNITY
- Great schools build great communities and great communities build great schools.
- Engage with parents and the community to support ALL students.
- Value the cultural perspectives of our community.
- Be accessible to parents and the community as we continue to grow.
- Decision-making includes perspectives from parents, students, staff and community.
FOR OUR SCHOOLS AND FACILITIES
- Provide safe, student-centered, world-class schools.
- Build state-of-the-art facilities that promote student success.
- Maintain quality campuses that create community pride.
- Design learning environments that serve ALL students now and in the future.
- We are stewards of our community's resources.
This school district does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, political affiliation, gender, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, parental or marital status, or any other basis.