Anyone who believes they have experienced, witnessed, or received a report of Title IX Sexual Harassment is strongly encouraged to report the incident to the District’s Title IX Coordinator, District administrator, or any District employee with whom the person is comfortable.
A formal complaint, with the complainant’s physical or digital signature, may be filed with the Title IX Coordinator in person, by mail, or by electronic mail. (34 CFR 106.30) In addition, the Title IX Coordinator or designee may sign a formal complaint in situations when a safety threat exists and in other situations as permitted under Title IX.
Title IX sexual harassment is conduct on the basis of sex in an education program or activity that satisfies one or more of the following: (34 CFR 106.30, 106.44)
- A District employee conditioning the provision of a District aid, benefit, or service on a person’s participation in unwelcome sexual conduct.
- Unwelcome conduct determined by a reasonable person to be so severe, pervasive, and objectively offensive that it effectively denies a person equal access to the District’s education program or activity.
- Sexual assault as defined in 20 U.S.C. § 1092(f)(6)(A)(v). Consent is as defined in California Penal Code section 261.6.
- Dating violence as defined in 34 U.S.C. § 12291(a)(10).
- Domestic violence as defined in 34 U.S.C. § 12291(a)(8).
- Stalking as defined in 34 U.S.C. § 12291(a)(30).
The District will process all formal complaints in accordance with Administrative Regulation No. 4119.12, 4219.12, 4319.12/5145.71 – Title IX Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedures. The District may consolidate formal complaints against more than one respondent, or by more than one complainant, or by one party against another, where the allegations of Title IX sexual harassment arise out of the same facts or circumstances. The District will conduct an investigation and provide a written determination in accordance with the procedures set forth in Administrative Regulation No. 4119.12, 4219.12, 4319.12/5145.71. Any appeals from the written determination may be submitted based on the grounds and timeline stated in the Administrative Regulation.
Administrative Regulation No. 4119.12, 4219.12, 4319.12/5145.71 – Title IX Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedures: AR 4119.12, 4219.12, 4319.12/5145.71.