Clovis Unified has expanded in-person instructional opportunities for students receiving Special Education. In addition, on-site assessments continue to be provided. Safety considerations and protocols have been established with the guidance of public health officials and medical experts to accommodate our special education students’ return to campus for both students and employees. Individual programs are providing communication directly to families with specific updates about services and schedules.
Health & Safety Precautions
- School personnel will work closely with families of students who are immunocompromised regarding specific needs when returning to school.
- Some students will require an updated doctor’s note stating it is safe for students to return to school.
- Face coverings are required for all students and staff. We know that wearing a face covering is the safest means of stopping the spread of COVID-19. It is important to note that in order to receive a medical and/or a disability related exemption, the medical condition and/or disability must prevent the student from wearing a face covering. A medical condition and/or a disability does not automatically exempt a student from wearing a face covering.
- Parent acknowledgement of daily health screening prior to sending student.
- School Nurse will coordinate contact and any updates.
- Staff will be provided with face coverings which are most conducive to addressing specific student needs.
- Staff will be provided with gloves as appropriate.
- Staff requiring closer proximity for medical procedures will be provided additional PPE.
- Services will be delivered with adherence to the wearing of facial coverings, social distancing as practicable, increased hand washing and sanitizing.
- Daily health screenings and temperature checks will be conducted by staff for programs with medically fragile students.
- Plexiglass shields will be utilized during student assessments.
Options for Learning
- The traditional model will be available in a manner that meets current social distancing guidelines.
- Instruction for students will be developed and implemented consistent with applicable laws.