EXPANDED LEARNING LEAD INSTRUCTOR I
In House Eligible Only, Part-time
Manges an entire school site which meets the following criteria:
- 10-65 students enrolled in the after-school program.
- Supervises one or more staff.
- Coordinates before school, kindergarten, and after-school programs.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Under the direction of the Expanded Learning Site Supervisor or Campus Club Coordinator, this position is responsible for the implementation of the entire program at the school site level. Duties include personnel management, parent communication, newsletter production, scheduling, attendance, delivery of program and safety issues. Work is performed both indoors and outdoors at the school site.
Expanded Learning Lead Instructor I may advance to Lead Instructor II or with additional experience and education to the Level of Program Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL TYPES OF DUTIES
- Communicates and works with parents in regards to concerns and involvement.
- Helps to insure that program policies and procedures are followed at the school site.
- Acts as a liaison between the on-site Expanded Learning Program and school principal.
- Produces a monthly parent newsletter.
- Provides care, guidance and positive experiences for the children.
- Oversees the implementation of effective curriculum through lesson planning and instructional strategies.
- Provides leadership for all Expanded Learning site programs and conducts on-site meetings with Instructors and Aides.
- Participates in a program of professional growth.
- Assists in completing Performance Reports for the site's Instructional Aides and Casual Labor.
- Completes additional assignments related to the school-age program as requested by the Expanded Learning Coordinator and/or Program Supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills: Requires thorough knowledge of Expanded Learning Programs and policies. Must understand security and safety procedures. Requires knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques for supervising students. Requires good communication skills.
Abilities: Must be able to perform all the duties of the position with only general supervision and support. Must be able to apply Expanded Learning rules, regulations and policies. Must be able to monitor and maintain acceptable student behavior. Requires the ability to deal with parents, staff and students effectively.
Education and Experience: Have 18 college units, or more, in Child Development, Early Childhood Education or other related field with emphasis on elementary age children as delineated in a Board approve college course list; and have at least one year experience in a school-age enrichment program or child care setting or hold a current Children's Center Permit (Instructional, Supervisory or Associate); with at least one year experience in a school age enrichment program and maintain current CPR/Pediatric First Aid certification.