Who can I contact if I am concerned about my child’s progress in the classroom?
- First speak to the class room teacher. “When you have a concern about your child’s education, it is important that you contact your child’s teacher or administrator to talk about your child and any problems you see. Informal conversation often solves the problem and helps to maintain open communication.” (Notice of Procedural Safeguards)
- Refer to the Single Plan For Student Achievement Manual on the school web site.
- Contact the Guidance Instructional Specialist (GIS), Learning Director (LD), or the Principal on your campus.
- If your student has an IEP you may talk to the Program Specialist. For information as to who that would be, you may call the Special Education Department at 327-9400.
- Information about Parent Rights or the “Notice of Procedural Safeguards” are given at IEP meetings, but could also be viewed online, or obtained at the Special Education office at 1680 David E. Cook Way, Clovis. For information call 327-9400.
- For information about Dispute Resolution, Mediation and Due Process refer to the Notice of Procedural Safeguards.
- For more comprehensive information and a current listing of Superintendents, Board members, Administrators and staff with phone numbers and addresses please see the CUSD web site at www.cusd.com or call 327-9000.
I have moved into Clovis Unified School District's boundaries and my student has an IEP, how do I register?
If your student has an IEP, you can contact the Special Education Registrar to begin the registration process.
Special Education Registrar
Who may I speak to if I am seeking Advocacy Resources?
Disability Rights – http://www.disabilityrightsca.org/about/index.htm