Serving CUSD families with children who have special needs, ages birth through 22.
We are located at
The CUSD Family Resource Center believes that support services for children should be family focused. We believe that informed and loving parents, grandparents and foster parents are effective advocates and the best care managers for children with special needs. Most families have had no previous training for this challenge. Therefore, parents must have access to information, support and the experience of other parents. We also believe that it is important to have a trusting relationship with the professionals serving our children. Our partnership with Clovis Unified School District fosters a collaborative spirit and a sense of identity within our school community.
The Family Resource Center:
- Is an intregal part of the Clovis Infant Toddler Intervention (CITI Kids) program - Providing parent-to-parent support within the school, home & community
- Offering support & information to families with children ages birth to 22
- Helping CUSD families navigate Early Intervention and/or Special Education services
- Educating families about their "parent rights" & Procedural Safeguards
- Serving as a liaison for families, CUSD & community agencies
- Sponsors parent education workshops