What internet browser works best for editing our websites?
- Use Google Chrome! Internet Explorer has proved to have the most problems when trying to log into the websites.
How long should it take for my calendar to update when making a change or creating an event in SchoolDude?
- This process can take about 5 minutes to update a change or a new event on the website.
- If it has not updated, try syncing your website. If it has been a lengthy amount of time, please emiail [email protected] with the SchoolDude Event ID and the correct information of the event that you are trying to see on the website or app. Tutorial HERE >>
What are the black bars that appear on an internal webpage?
- These bars are only visible by the person logged in to edit the page. The public CANNOT see them.
- Each black bar indicates a separate component. If you only have text on your page, you might ony have one Text Window component, and therefore, one black bar. If you have several components on the page, you will have several black bars.
- The words inside the black bar indicate the "Internal Name." Only an editor of the website can see them. They are used to keep your website component organized so when you are in Edit Page view where it lists all components used, you can clearly see which component is which. You may have multiple of the same type of component throughout various locations on a page, so lableing these is helpful.
How do I add a PDF file to my webpage? **Most common mistake
- A PDF file (or Word Document/PowerPoint presentation, etc) must be added through a Downloads component. Frequent mistakes include trying to add a file to a Text Window component. See Tutorial: How to add a PDF file >>
What are the image pixel sizes?
- Thumbnail Size: 150-200 px
- Good for staff page photos!
- Half the width of a page: 400-600 px
- Great for posters and flyers.
- Most common for images of students or events happening on campus.
- Full width of a page: 800 px
- Good for horizonal page banners (wide, but not tall images)
My calendar on my homepage is not reflecting all the events listed in SchoolDude, what can I do?
- Make sure the evens you're wanting to show up are marked as "visible or public" in SchoolDude.
- Sync your calendar feed to reflect the updated calendar. Tutorial HERE >>
- Did you recently update schooldude? It takes about 10-15 to reflect the change in the website.
- If you synced the calendar in the website and it still isn't working, contact Kellie Feramisco; ext 79093
How does the CMS and school app work together?
- Your website sends informaiton to your school's app in these key areas:
- School News (homepage): this is also your homepage for your school's app! If you school news is blank on your website, that means it is also blank on your app!
- School Events (homepage): The same calendar feed goes to the app.
- Internal pages like Report an Absense, Staff Page and Bell Schedule.
What is an RTF and why do I have to have one?
- RTF stands for Rich Text Format.
- Whenever you add a PDF to a downloads component, you HAVE to have an RTF so that someone who is vision impaired can use the RTF document with accessibility software.
- The RTF downloads as a Word document so that it is accessibile for those with a disability.
- If you are concerned with parents downloading the RTF and editing a document, please indicate on the document and webpage that the file present on your webpage is the most up to date version and all versions that differ from the current document on the website will not be accepted.
- This process and presence of double titles cannot be avoided at this time so that we are compliant with the American Disibility Act laws.
The Webmaster at my school is changing. How do I give them access to edit the website?
- Your principal must complete THIS form to begin the process.
When should I contact the DCT about a website issue?
- We are available anytime and happy to help you!
- When you need a new page created.
- Tell us where you want it to be located in the dropdown and what you'd like its title to be.
- Help with columns or formatting.
How do I add a photograph?
- There are 3 main ways to add a photo to your webpage:
- 1) Embedded in a Text Window component via the grey dropdown
- 2) Imported from your computer into the Text Window component via the image icon in the text box tool bar
- 3) using a Photo Gallery component. Each method consists of varying options available for the photo and how It is displayed. See Tutorial: Uploading Photos or Photo Galleries >>