Effective September 1, 2023 the District contracted directly with RadNet and CMI Radiology Group to provide our members with a discount to our health plan. While the Health Plan’s existing list of available imaging providers has not changed, Direct Contracting allows members and their dependents to receive imaging services at NO COST while the District’s Health Plan will save money with discounted rates by contracting directly with these providers.
What does this mean for you?
- When using these Direct Contract imaging providers, benefitted employees and their dependents will have their copays/deductibles and pre-authorizations waived on the services received from these providers.
- All employees covered under our health plan receive a Direct Contracting ID card in the mail.
- When utilizing a Direct Contracted provider, members must present their Direct Contracting ID card (in lieu of their Blue Shield ID Card) to receive the waived copay/deductible and waived pre-authorization benefit.
- If the Blue Shield ID Card is presented instead of the Direct Contracting card members will not receive the benefit of having a waived copay/deductible and waived pre-authorization.
- Digital Direct Contracting ID Cards are also available through the myHNAS online portal or mobile application. Click here for myHNAS Online Portal and Mobile App Instructions
What locations are included in the Direct Contract?
|RadNet Locations:||CMI Radiology Group Locations:|
Fresno Imaging Center
6191 N. Thesta StreetFresno, CA 93710
Advanced Medical Imaging - Magnolia
570 N Magnolia Ave #103Clovis, CA 93611
WISH Fresno Breast Center
6107 N. Fresno Street, #101Fresno, CA 93710
Advanced Medical Imaging – Northpointe
6771 N Palm Ave,
Fresno, CA 93704(women’s center)
Sierra Medical Imaging
231 Fir AvenueClovis, CA 93611
California Imaging Institute
1867 E Fir Ave # 101,Fresno, CA 93720
Valley Metabolic Advanced Imaging
6121 N. Thesta Street, #207Fresno, CA 93710
Advanced Medical Imaging - Clovis
729 Medical Center Dr W #109Clovis, CA 93611
Can I still use imaging providers outside of those we are directly contracted with?
Yes! There has been NO change to the district’s current plan. All existing Tandem PPO network providers are still available to utilize but members will only receive the waived copay/deductible and pre-authorization benefit when utilizing a Direct Contracted provider.
What if CUSD is not my primary insurance?
If a member has dual coverage and CUSD does not serve as the primary insurance (e.g., Medicare or a dual covered spouse with employer serving as primary) the member should continue to use primary coverage and present the Direct Contracting ID Card to be used as secondary coverage for imaging services. When providing the Direct Contracting ID Card, members will benefit from the overall cost savings to our CUSD Health Plan.