By using the scan back system, you can save your site or department more than 50% off the cost copies printed at your site. It is also more energy efficient and it saves you from having to stand at the copier while your copies print or you wait for your workmates’ copies to complete printing. Here are a few things to remember about processing scan back jobs:
- Scan by 3:00 pm to receive next day delivery. Up to 20 originals, 150 copies. (NOTE: Jobs requesting more than 150 copies may be delivered second day based on print shop’s daily work load)
- Up to 999 copies can be requested. (Jobs requesting more than 999 copies will receive a Zero jobs completed message)
- Scan jobs can be requested on 6 different paper colors: white, pink, blue, yellow, green and goldenrod. (NOTE: See color chart poster posted by your site Xerox machine for the price of all non-white scan back pages.)
- Jobs sent through scan back cannot be deleted!! Print shop employees do not have the capability of seeing the job or making changes to the job before being printed.
- Original = each click or copy, 1 sided page equals 1 original, 2 sided page equals 2 originals.
- 8 1/2 X 11 Originals Only – No half sheets. This creates a large black border that causes our machines to jam which results in job deletion. No sheets larger than 8.5 X 11.
- NO books on the glass. The Xerox scanner automatically detects covered area on the glass and uses this to determine the size of paper needed to print the image. Any page larger than 8.5 X 11 will fault at the copier until it is deleted.
- NO Dark Black Borders around the page, black pages w/ white lettering or dark photographs.
- DO NOT place originals in the feeder short edge first. This also faults at the Xerox device until the job is deleted.