For decades, Clovis Unified School District’s Teacher Center (TC) has been dedicated to supporting Clovis Unified teachers by offering resources that may not be available at the school site. The Teacher Center has grown to include five laminators, four types of copiers, and over 2000 die-cuts. As a well-equipped resource center, the TC remains close to the teachers’ hearts as an extended and helpful hand.
- ACCESS: The Center is designed for CUSD teachers and their helpers (parent volunteers, etc.) The Center is not open to the public. However, CUSD does promote volunteerism in the classroom and towards this goal any classroom volunteer is allowed to use the TC once their assigned task is complete.
- CHECKING IN: Teachers, parent helpers, instructional aides, and pre-approved customers enter their special Identification numbers into the front computer, located near the TC’s front door. A “Charge Out” form will be generated by entering this number. The Charge Out form stays with the user throughout their visit.
- CHECKING OUT: At the end of a visit to the Center, all Charge Out forms are completed and placed in the “Charge Out” tray located on the Front Counter. If paying by cash or check, simply hand a cash form to any of the TC Staff. Cash and checks are accepted; however, credit or debit cards are not accepted.
- MACHINE POLICY: Every user is allocated a maximum of fifteen minutes using some machines in the TC. If there are more users than machines, a waitlist will be created. The list will be available on the front counter. A timer will be set for each machine. At the end of each fifteen-minute period, copying and duplicating will cease in order to allow the next customer the allocated 15 minutes. If you have not yet completed your work in the allocated time you may sign up for another 15 minutes. If there is no one waiting for the station you may continue to work past your 15 minutes.
- FINANCES: The Center is funded by District Lottery funds which provides each credentialed CUSD full-time teacher an account with $100 allocation on a yearly basis. CUSD Part time teachers receive a prorated account based on the percentage of their contract. Teachers may use their TC Charge Account to purchase and use materials at the Center, i.e. laminating or copying.
- WEBSITE: The TC, which is a division of Curriculum, Instruction and Accountability, provides an updated calendar of hours of operation here which also offers descriptions of all machinery and library services. The form bank may also be accessed from this site.