Minimum Computer Requirements
To be used in the AAAL program, a laptop must meet the following minimum requirements:
Please note that these are the “Minimum Requirements” for inclusion and do not represent the specifications for the new “Recommended Bundle” from Lenovo and LaptopSchools.com. Please review these specifications carefully if you are not planning on buying a “Recommended Bundle” from LaptopSchools.com
Minimum Specifications for Recommended Devices:
- Microsoft Office (2013 or higher) already installed. CUSD students can download the latest version of Microsoft Office for free: Download Microsoft Office 365 for FREE (for CUSD students only)
- At least 4GB RAM
802.11 a/g/n/ac or Wireless Network Adapter (ac recommended)—preferably not an external card, as internal wireless is preferred
- Carrying case which accommodates the computer only or a protective enclosure for tablets
- Windows 10 Laptops
- Apple Computers with OS X 10.10 “Yosemite” or better. (will not be able to print on our network)
- Windows 10 Tablets with keyboard
- Chromebooks (will not be able to print on our network)
Allowed, but NOT Recommended:
- iPads (allowed, but not recommended; may not be able to access all sites and programs used in class and will not be able to print on our network)
Equipment that DOES NOT meet requirements - please do not purchase for program:
- Kindle, Nook, Android tablets, iPods, etc. do not meet the requirements of the program.
Internet at Home:
- We highly recommend that students have access to internet at home in order to continue their learning experience after school hours
- Low cost internet may be available for families who qualify:
It is very important that you have anti-virus protection on your computer.
If you have Windows 10: Your laptop came pre-installed with Windows Defender.